Over many years, Strathnairn has developed an exciting artist in residence program which continues to attract both national and international artists who enhance the artistic working environment at Strathnairn and encourage greater involvement of members and the public through workshops, exhibitions, demonstrations and other activities.
The Strathnairn Arts is a not-for-profit arts association supported by the ACT Government. The association provides – for artists from a range of disciplines – studio and workshop facilities, equipment (including a significant range of ceramic kilns) and two gallery spaces for hire. Studio facilities and a self contained residence may be available for short term use under the visiting artist program. The facilities are situated in a rural setting of 9.5 hectares approximately 20 minutes drive from Canberra’s CBD. The rural setting and gardens have a range of outdoor spaces for possible artistic use.
Apply for a residency
Applications will be considered by the Director. Applicants should ensure their applications are submitted at least six to twelve months prior to the proposed residency, to ensure adequate time for correspondence and preparation of the Artist in Residence Agreement.
Applications should contain the following:
- The proposed commencement and finishing dates and alternative dates.
- A description of the work intended to be undertaken and the range of facilities required (kilns, grounds, gallery etc).
- Other parties that may be involved during the residency (associations, assistants, partners etc)
- A CV and slides/photos in support of the application.
- A description of possible workshops or activities to be conducted.
Applications to be addressed to:
Strathnairn Arts Association
PO Box 80
Kippax ACT 2615
or via email to email@example.com